Tuesday 7 February 2012

~Tounge Twister~

Hi guys! Miss me???

In this update, I wish to write about TONGUE TWISTER!


Why must it be tongue twister???
...because, we just had a class activity on tongue twister! :)
Before I continue,  want to try a few first???


So, how was it?
Was it interesting?
As someone who is still lacking so much  in English, I love tongue twister activity rather than something else which are formal and serious such as poems, literature and etc.
For me, tongue twister is a joyful way to learn English, especially pronunciation.
This is because, while we read, we also can put in some rhythm and melody to them in order to make they sound more interesting and catchy.

The first time I had heard about tongue twister is when i was in primary 3.
If I'm not mistaken, my teacher taught me something sounds like this:
     the shell at the seashore... bla bla bla...
another one
   if a tie can tie a tie... bla bla bla
*sorry, i can't remember all :(
From that moment, i always wanted to improve my pronunciation in English.
When I heard someone good in English, i'll imitate the way she or he talks.

As for my group, we had presented three tongue twisters as followed:
 
WHILE WE WERE WALKING
WE WERE WATCHING
WINDOW WASHER WASH WASHINGTON'S WINDOWS 
WITH WARM WASHING WATER.

EXCITED EXECUTIONER EXERCISING HIS EXCISING POWER EXCESSIVELY.

LUKE LUCK LIKES LAKES
LUKE'S DUCK LIKES LAKES

LUKE LUCK LICKS LAKES
LUCK'S DUCK LICKS LAKES
DUCK TAKES LICKS IN LAKES LUKE LUCK LIKES
LUKE LUCK LAKES LICKS IN LAKES DUCK LIKES
In my point of view, the first tongue twister was harder as we had to switch between the SH sound and the CH sound. The switch between these two sounds require concentration and good articulation. The same goes to the third tongue twister. The 'L' is repeated many time that nees concentration and good articulation.
Before presenting, we practiced a few times and luckily we managed to put in rhythm to them. We also used chunking method in order to break up the sentences so that they make sense and easier to pronounce properly.
Really enjoyed the activity! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment