Saturday 4 February 2012

Language And Communication


Hi!

I would like to continue my reflection on ELE3103.
The first topic of this course is exactly the same as the title of the post above.
From the lectures that I had attended, I've learned so many things about 'language' as well as 'communication'. These two words are very impossible to be separated because as we communicate, we use language. As we use language, we communicate.  

Just for introduction, language covers everything related to phonology, morphology, syntax, lexis, and semantics. Those five elements are connected to one another and gradually they form a system which is known as language. Actually, I also learned this kind of things in Malay language, but of course it is a little bit different in English language. 

For this topic, my classmates and I had carried out several numbers of interesting activities, namely role-play of dialogue, miming, and tongue twister.  Each activities were carried out in a group of four. As for my group, we consist of Juliza, Normarliza, Nurr Azreen, and me. :)

I'll write about each activity in the next updates. So, see u later! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment